Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kawaii Korner style dolls

My first Jenny and Momoko were purchased as display dolls for my Re-Ment collection. They have been shown previously on this blog. Guess I was never quite fair to the gals bc they were not appreciated for their own beauty. Only display models.

Fast  forward - The regular group of CAAD hasn't been very Dreary lately (pardon the pun). Fellow Agdrearyian and doll friend Nikki bought a Misaki and posted pics of her to Kawaii Korner. Knowing I had one Jenny and several Momokos she sent me the link to also join.

Kawaii Korner states they are "The 'korner' on the net where collectors of Blythe, Pullip, Momoko, Misaki, J-Doll, Susie, Volks/ Obitsu, Jenny, Licca, Kurhn, Azone, Petworks, Sekiguchi and Dolly Style dolls can hang out!"

The difference between these dolls and the Drearys? The Drearys are from Tonner and not BJDs. (Except for Stone Cold Agnes Dreary LE 50 who debuted at the 2010 hallween Convention last weekend) The KK girls are mostly 1/6 size BJDs from Asia. Posting on KK allows this type of doll ONLY to be pictured on their board. (I know bc I posted one of My Twinns, Momokos, and Fancy Nancy all dressed up in pink/blue ballet attire and it was removed and I was informed - rightfully so).

The next several blog posts will be showing the Kawaii Korner style dolls in my collection.




Pullip Dal Jun Planning Black Butler Grell arrived this week. Her rename is Nikki (in honor of my dear friend who happens to also be a red) and who encouraged me to join Kawaii Korner!

Correction: Robert Tonner has created other BJDs in addition to the new Stone Cold Agnes. Some examples are BJD Tiny Betsy and Tyler sized fashion doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment