Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The CDC Nightgown contest

Sent friend Penne the rules to the Jenny nightgown contest. She sews - and who wouldn't want to win a Lexie (or Jenny) in a trunk with fashions from Heather Maciak??? I think she was really busy (she has a huge family and a very stressful job) but appeased me by creating a remarkable nightgown after we decided on a Pooh Bear theme. See the essay below.

NOW

A member of the Yahoo group place first with a great Raggedy Ann outfit. But - my little Jenny wearing Penne's nightgown placed 4th ( they showed the top seven in the magazine ). DELIGHTED ( since I am someone with awful vision and a refurbished camera that almost opens everytime.)

Here's the pic we didn't enter:



And the one we did that won 4th place:


and our essay:

"But you know I don't sew," declared Carly as she looked into the begging, blue eyes of her first Jenny doll child (Pastel Jenny 6/30 Jo's Doll Shoppe) who had arrived months earlier - a companion for Lexie - the doll on the top shelf with the giving heart.

Jenny, refusing defeat and unmoved by her doll mother's words, sat for hours by the opened magazine which displayed the nightgown competition rules.

"How's this for a plan," Carly offered later that day. "Auntie Penne can fashion the nightgown. I'll stage the picture but YOUR imagination must determine the theme. We'll do this as a team!

Thoughts from Jenny doll sparkled through the air - "My nightgown and slippers should match my vintage bed linens, appeal to my favorite cuddle bear but not interfere with my own sweetly colored dreams."

Forward: Dressed in her new nightie with toasty slippered feet, Jenny sits next to plush bear waiting for a bedtime story!

No comments:

Post a Comment